Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Homemade cookies

I have ventured into the land of no-recipe baking. 
not the most beautiful looking but tasty all the same.

I felt like we needed cookies in the home so I decided to make some healthier cookies. In principle, they are a version of oatmeal walnut chocolate chip cookies. In reality, they are oatmeal walnut carob chip cookies made with a combination of rice and whole grain flour in place of all-purpose white flour, maple syrup and honey in place of white and brown sugar and carob chips in place of chocolate chips. I still used eggs and butter, salt and baking powder - I have yet to muster the courage to go dairy-free.

I have been known to substitute sugars and flours in the past but this was the first time I completely forwent measuring. They turned out pretty well, if I must say. I could have added a bit more oats and honey. In any case, I recommend experimentation to you as it encourages creativity and trusting in oneself. 

1 comment: