Friday, August 23, 2013

Quilting in Catalonia (Part IV)

...and it's complete! 

This project ended up being more challenging than expected. I started off with polyester batting (the first time I tried this because it was the only available option in town) but quickly the machine was not able to handle it. It couldn't keep the tension right. So after quilting a few rows, I had to back track, undo all the quilting, order cotton batting online and wait until it arrived before I could continue.

I continued to have problems with the tension from time to time, especially every time the bobbin needed replacing; it would take about an hour of starting and stopping before the tension would be right, then I could start quilting again. But alas, it is "finished" (I'm still contemplating redoing some of the quilting and it needs a label).

I quilted this in-the-ditch, not that interesting but I quilted all the lines so the back looks pretty fun.

Here you can see the pattern a bit.

Close up of the alphabet fabric with red thread used for quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment